Each of us understands how the AJ business model works, our role in it and collectively what we need to do to achieve the very best for our clients. Every day we’re asked to do the impossible and turn it into the doable. From working to very tight deadlines to making the most of limited budgets, we don’t just deliver, we do it with aplomb.
Here at AJ, our core values help us aim to be the best for ourselves and our clients
Caring about our clients business enough to put them at the centre of what we do
Loving what we do and working with passion
Inspiring collaboration as team and encouraging creativity and development
Exceeding clients’ expectations by being excellent and impressive
New areas of growth are key to protecting the business
Taking responsibility for successes and failure ensuring we learn from the good and bad
Bath is a great place to work and visit
Based in the beautiful heritage city of Bath with fast railway links and national motorways close by we’re in quick and easy reach for businesses far and wide. Our office is in a converted mill overlooking the Avon canal. Are we spoilt? Well, yes we probably are but it’s also a nice place for clients to come to. Open plan, it encourages interaction between the team and ensures we’re all constantly aware of what’s happening in the agency.
Looking at ways to make our business run in a more sustainable and planet friendly way.
Recently, we have become aware of the carbon footprint of emails. Admittedly, the amount of carbon footprint produced by an individual email is tiny but when combined, these emails add up to a staggering amount. Email still remains a relatively environmentally friendly means of communicating and marketing but that doesn’t mean we can’t collectively help make things better.
Some figures that surprised us:
unnecessary emails are sent by Brits every day (Source: OVO)
The amount of carbon saved if we all just sent one less email a day
As an agency we will be doing the following, we hope we have your understanding and support but absolutely feel free to draw our attention to anything that doesn’t work for you.
- Sending fewer emails – we are trying to send fewer, more succinct emails that cover off multiple points and make phone calls, where appropriate.
- Send emails to fewer people – unless requested otherwise we won’t copy in groups of people.
- Reduce the number of attachments we send – if we’ve already sent you an ad/visual/spreadsheet we won’t send the same thing again, unless you specifically ask for it.
- Reducing “unnecessary” emails – we’re trying to avoid sending too many short, courtesy emails (Thanks, You Too, LOL, Have a Good Weekend) this will be a tough one, we are British after all.
- Delete emails – a small gesture but this will reduce the amount of energy used to store them in data centres.
- Unsubscribing from newsletters we don’t read.
This is our starting point. We know we won’t be perfectly efficient when it comes to sending emails but we are going to try!